Just to reflect on the second week of RC, it was a little too much of group activities like TDD Code Retreat and too little of working on my own project, so I’ll definitely try to compensate this week.
Some cool things I did end up doing:
- Putting together a simple audio mixer in Pure Data with RC resident Spencer Russell
- Implementing same mixer in Super Collider, again with Spencer
- Writing tests for the IRC server I started coding during week #1
- Pairing with Vaibhav Sagar on his git implementation in Haskell
- Pairing with Ivo Sánchez Checa and Jade Vinson on Circular Primes problem from Project Euler, first we tried to implement it in Racket with Ivo, then switched to Python, and finally Jade helped us to convert to a more Pythonic three-line piece of code
- Doing a fun activity with Marielle Foster, Emil Sit and Sarah Ransohoff that focused on understanding of Diffie Hellman encryption algorithm
- Solving quite a few problems on InterviewBit, including iterative post-order tree traversal, cloning undirected graph, finding max sum path in a binary tree, populating a tree with next pointers, building identical trees, finding all possible input strings for Deterministic Finite Automaton of given length (check out the picture below – Isla Carson helped me to understand some math behind it)
- Failing at solving a few others, like tracking array mode
Kudos to Rose Ames, Emil Sit and James Porter for code reviews and Lareine Jeng, James Katz, Alicia Thilani Singham and Adam Borowski for inspiring presentations. I was trying to improve my brainf*ck interpreter in time for presentations but didn’t make a deadline.